What you need to know
Disclaimer of Information & Content
The content and results produced by the HumanSpace webApp are for information only, not advice or guarantee of outcome. Data used to build this site comes from reputable sources; however, EB Research LLC (we) is not responsible for errors or omissions in reporting or explanation. You are encouraged to seek professional consultation on workplace and/or stress issues from reputable sources or to upgrade to a consulting project using the full enterprise HumanSpace software combined with professional expertise. We give no assurance or warranty regarding the accuracy, timeliness, or applicability or the content generated by the WebApp. We accept no liability for errors, inaccuracies, omission, or misleading statements. We exclude liability for any losses, demands, claims, or damages of any kind regarding information, content, or services at this website. The information within this WebApp may be updated at any time.
a. User understands and agrees that User’s access to HumanSpace(TM) is non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, freely revocable and can be suspended or terminated at any time for any reason by EB RESEARCH, LLC.
b. User further understands and agrees that the grant of access to HumanSpace(TM) shall not confer in User any rights of ownership in HumanSpace(TM) or any related documentation (including in any new releases, modifications, or enhancements), all of which shall be and remain the exclusive property of EB RESEARCH, LLC, including without limitation, the copyrights thereto, associated patents, design patents, trademarks, trade dress, trade secrets and other proprietary rights arising under applicable law or international conventions (collectively, “Proprietary Rights”). See Section 2 (Ownership) below. EB RESEARCH, LLC hereby expressly reserves all rights in HumanSpace(TM) which are not expressly granted to User hereunder.
c. Except as provided herein or as expressly authorized by EB RESEARCH, LLC to User in writing, User will not: (i) modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, attempt to reconstruct, identify, or discover any source code, underlying ideas, underlying user interface techniques or algorithms, or create derivative works of or copy HumanSpace(TM); (ii) remove, alter, or cover any copyright or trademark notices or other proprietary rights notices contained in HumanSpace(TM); (iii) assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer its access, use or other rights or delegate its obligations under this Agreement; or (iv) without limiting any of the foregoing, use HumanSpace(TM) for the purpose of building a competitive product or service, or for any purpose other than legitimate business purposes relating to User’s business.
d. User agrees to notify EB RESEARCH, LLC promptly in writing if any unauthorized use of HumanSpace(TM), or any possible infringement of Proprietary Rights, comes to its attention.
e. At no time during or after the term of this Agreement shall User apply for any registration of any copyright, trademark, or other designation which would affect the ownership of Proprietary Rights nor file any documents with any governmental authority to take any action which would affect the ownership of Proprietary Rights, including EB RESEARCH, LLC’s ownership of HumanSpace(TM), the mark HumanSpace(TM), and other application components. HumanSpace(TM) is a trademark and service mark of EB RESEARCH, LLC.
f. User represents and agrees that User has the right to provide all materials posted on, or information used in connection with, HumanSpace(TM), and hereby grants to EB RESEARCH, LLC a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual right and license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, create derivative works of, and display such materials and information in EB RESEARCH, LLC’s discretion. User acknowledges that User is responsible for whatever material and information is submitted by User, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright. The license grants by User to EB RESEARCH, LLC hereunder will survive any termination of User’s use of HumanSpace(TM). Any material and information submitted by User will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and treated as such by EB RESEARCH, LLC, and may be used by EB RESEARCH, LLC in accordance with this Agreement without notice to User and without any liability to EB RESEARCH, LLC.
HumanSpace(TM), programming language, software and documentation and all other material or content made available on HumanSpace(TM) or any improvements, modifications, derivative works, enhancements, or changes to HumanSpace(TM) and all copies thereof are proprietary to EB RESEARCH, LLC and title thereto remains solely in EB RESEARCH, LLC under all circumstances, including without limitation all rights to patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets in HumanSpace(TM) and the improvements, modifications, derivative works, and changes thereto. User understands that the foregoing includes trade secrets and information that is confidential and proprietary to EB RESEARCH, LLC, and agrees to take all necessary actions to protect the confidentiality of such information. User shall not sell, transfer, publish, disclose, display or otherwise make available HumanSpace(TM) or create or make available any improvements, modifications, enhancements, derivative works, or changes thereto or copies thereof to others. Termination of this Agreement shall be in addition to and not in lieu of any remedies available to EB RESEARCH, LLC both in law and equity. The obligations hereunder shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
3. Termination; Effect of Termination; Remedies.
a. Without limiting any other remedies, EB RESEARCH, LLC may modify, limit, suspend, discontinue or terminate this Agreement and/or User’s use of all or any part of HumanSpace(TM), with immediate effect, automatically, with or without notice and without recourse to the courts or other tribunals, for any reason or for no reason. User agrees that EB RESEARCH, LLC is under no obligation to provide HumanSpace(TM) and that EB RESEARCH, LLC shall not be liable to User or to any other party for any limitation, suspension, discontinuance, termination or modification of HumanSpace(TM).
b. User acknowledges that the obligations made hereunder to EB RESEARCH, LLC are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm EB RESEARCH, LLC and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone so that EB RESEARCH, LLC shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by User. User irrevocably waives all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief.
4. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability.
a. HumanSpace(TM) is provided to User “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” with no warranties. EB RESEARCH, LLC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. EB RESEARCH, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT IN ANY WAY THAT HumanSpace(TM) WILL MEET USER’S REQUIREMENTS OR ANY PARTICULAR STANDARD. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO USER. In such event the liability of EB Research, LLC will be limited to the maximum extent possible under applicable law. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY EB RESEARCH, LLC, ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES, SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN THAT HumanSpace(TM) OR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO USER ARE ERROR FREE OR THAT THE USE OF HumanSpace(TM) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, UP-TO-DATE, COMPLETE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE CORRECTED. EB RESEARCH, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF, OR THE RESULTS FROM THE USE OF, HumanSpace(TM). EB RESEARCH, LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, EMPLOYEE HEALTH, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST SAVINGS, COMPUTER INTERRUPTION, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF EB RESEARCH, LLC OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
b. EB RESEARCH, LLC’S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER SHALL NOT EXCEED THE FEE PAID BY USER FOR HumanSpace(TM) DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE EVENT THAT ALLEGEDLY CAUSED SUCH DAMAGE. USER AGREES THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO HumanSpace(TM) OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
c. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION ON LIABILITY OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO USER. In such event the liability of EB RESEARCH, LLC will be limited to the maximum extent possible under applicable law. The waiver of warranty, exclusive remedies and limited liability set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis for this Agreement between EB RESEARCH, LLC and USER. EB RESEARCH, LLC would not be able to provide HumanSpace(TM) on an economic basis, and would not have entered into this Agreement, without such limitations. These limitations shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
5. User Indemnification.
At EB RESEARCH, LLC’s option and request, User shall, at its own expense, indemnify and hold harmless EB RESEARCH, LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, co-branders, associations, and other partners harmless from and against any losses, costs, damages, liabilities, settlements and expenses (including without limitation costs and attorneys’ fees), arising out of or related to any third-party claim, action or allegation related to or arising from: (a) any transaction or dispute between User and any third party; (b) facts or alleged facts that would constitute a breach of any of User’s representations, warranties, or covenants under this Agreement or of any applicable law, rule or regulation, whether or not referenced herein; (c) any User materials, information or content submitted in or on HumanSpace(TM); (d) User’s violation of any rights of any third party, (e) User’s use or misuse of HumanSpace(TM); or (f) the negligence or willful misconduct of User. EB RESEARCH, LLC shall have the right to exclusively direct and control its defense and hire counsel of its choice, at User’s expense.
a. Entire Agreement/No Unintentional Waiver. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between EB RESEARCH, LLC and User with respect to HumanSpace(TM) and all subject matter of this Agreement, and supersedes all prior agreements between EB RESEARCH, LLC and User related to HumanSpace(TM) if any. EB RESEARCH, LLC’s failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
b. Notices. Notices to you shall be in writing and may be made via email or posting such notices on HumanSpace(TM) or at www.EB Research, LLC.com/HumanSpace(TM). You will provide notices to us via email to HumanSpace(TM)support@EB Research, LLC.com, with a copy sent via certified U.S. mail to EB RESEARCH, LLC at 400 S. Hope Street, 25th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071, Attention: General Counsel’s Office. Notices will be deemed given one (1) business day after being sent via email (unless the sender receives a response indicating that the message was undeliverable) or three business days after being posted on the EB RESEARCH, LLC website (in the case of EB RESEARCH, LLC), whether or not received.
c. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. EB RESEARCH, LLC and User hereby subject themselves exclusively to venues within the State of California. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (1980) is hereby excluded in its entirety from application to this Agreement. User hereby agrees that HumanSpace(TM) shall be deemed solely based in California and a passive service that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over EB RESEARCH, LLC, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the State of California.
d. Dispute Resolution. Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of arbitration with respect to this Agreement, shall be determined by arbitration. The arbitration shall be administered by the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service (JAMS), and the arbitration shall be conducted with a single arbitrator. Furthermore, User agrees that neither User nor EB RESEARCH, LLC will join any claim with the claim of any other person or entity in arbitration; that no claim will be resolved on a class-wide basis; and that neither User nor EB RESEARCH, LLC will assert any claim in a representative capacity on behalf of anyone else. Notwithstanding the foregoing, User agrees that EB RESEARCH, LLC shall be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction. If User files an arbitration complaint against EB RESEARCH, LLC, EB RESEARCH, LLC agrees to pay for any portion of the initial filing fee that exceeds $250; after the initial filing fees, the parties will share the costs of arbitration equally. User agrees not to commence or prosecute any action against EB RESEARCH, LLC other than by filing an arbitration complaint in accordance with this paragraph. IMPORTANTLY, BY AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, USER IS WAIVING ANY RIGHT USER HAS TO SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND ANY RIGHT USER HAS TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
e. Severability. In the event that a portion of this Agreement is held unenforceable, the unenforceable portion shall be modified only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
f. Assignment. This Agreement may not be assigned by User without EB RESEARCH, LLC’s prior written consent. Any attempted assignment without EB RESEARCH, LLC’s consent shall be void. EB RESEARCH, LLC reserves the right to assign this Agreement to any third party. This Agreement and the rights and obligations of each of us under it will be binding on our respective successors and assigns.
g. Modification. EB RESEARCH, LLC may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, at any time and in EB RESEARCH, LLC’s sole and exclusive discretion, by posting a change notice or a new agreement on HumanSpace(TM)’s site at the url www.EB Research, LLC.com/HumanSpace(TM) or by providing an alert or similar notification in HumanSpace(TM). If any modification is unacceptable to User, User’s only recourse is to terminate User’s use of HumanSpace(TM). h. Conflicts. In the event there is any conflict between the terms of this Agreement and any fully executed license agreement between User and EB RESEARCH, LLC with respect to HumanSpace(TM), the terms of such license agreement shall control with respect to such conflicting terms.
Last updated: June 12, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service.
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to EB Research LLC, 3202 Nagawicka Ave.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to HumanSpace, accessible from http://app.humanspacesolutions.com
- Service refers to the Website.
- Country refers to: Wisconsin, United States
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
For the purposes for GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
For the purposes of the CCPA, Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with You.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Data Controller, for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- Business, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), refers to the Company as the legal entity that collects Consumers' personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of Consumers' personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers' personal information, that does business in the State of California.
- Consumer, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means a natural person who is a California resident. A resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the USA for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the USA who is outside the USA for a temporary or transitory purpose.
- Sale, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer's Personal Information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected:
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Bank account information in order to pay for products and/or services within the Service
- Usage Data
When You pay for a product and/or a service via bank transfer, We may ask You to provide information to facilitate this transaction and to verify Your identity. Such information may include, without limitation:
- Date of birth
- Passport or National ID card
- Bank card statement
- Other information linking You to an address
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
Learn more about cookies: All About Cookies.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, for payment processing, to contact You.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business Partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation - Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company - Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service - Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public - Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Email Marketing
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You.
Mailchimp is an email marketing sending service provided by The Rocket Science Group LLC.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
When You use Our Service to pay a product and/or service via bank transfer, We may ask You to provide information to facilitate this transaction and to verify Your identity.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular, whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Your Rights under the CCPA
- The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits You to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of Your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by the Company or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party's direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data. You also have the right to ask the Company not to sell Your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" section or web page.
- The right to know about Your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
- Categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about You
- The right to delete Personal Data. You also have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data that have been collected in the past 12 months.
- The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of Your Consumer's rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to You
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You
- Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, You can email or call us or visit our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" section or web page.
The Company will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving Your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. However, the Service Providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology on the Service that "sells" personal information as defined by the CCPA law.
If you wish to opt-out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt-out is specific to the browser You use. You may need to opt-out on every browser that you use.
You can opt-out of receiving ads that are personalized as served by our Service Providers by following our instructions presented on the Service:
From Our "Cookie Consent" notice banner
- Or from Our "CCPA Opt-out" notice banner
- Or from Our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" notice banner
- Or from Our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" link
The opt-out will place a cookie on Your computer that is unique to the browser You use to opt-out. If you change browsers or delete the cookies saved by your browser, you will need to opt-out again.
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt-out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
- "Opt-out of Interest-Based Ads" or "Opt-out of Ads Personalization" on Android devices
- "Limit Ad Tracking" on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from Your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights (California's Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California's Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes.
If you'd like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allows California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services, or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request the removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with Your account.
Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By email: email@example.com